Sunday, September 28, 2008

I know I know

I knew I couldn't do the whole 365 Project. I tried once before but never did it either. Not to make excuses I do have a great excuse! My laptop was stuck by a power surge from lighting hitting near by! I did not have it backed up and paid to have my files retrieved... thankfully they were able to do it! Then it got sent off only to come back not working right... so I need to send it off again. *sigh*

Well I've been busy with my other photography jobs too. I did a wedding last weekend and I also started another product job. AND even donated a portrait session to a fund raiser. Busy busy busy!

I decided I'm going to be doing other SMALLER projects... ones that don't last a year but rather a week or a month. I have some in mind and I'll be starting my first on October 1st. These smaller goals make it much easier to stick with them. Now if only that would work with me and losing weight. lol

1 comment:

Randi T. said...

You know, I tried doing a project like that also, and had about the same result ;)

I started a picture a week project last year, and it lasted all of a month, maybe. Even though I had joined a group that was doing it, I just couldn't stay focused on it.

It wasn't until August when one of my friends invited me to a picture a day for a month project that I really got back into photography. Having that accountability really kept me motivated.

I'm glad you started the group on flickr. I can't wait until we can start posting. :)

I too am a little unconventional with my composition. I really dig shooting from unusual angles. I also am trying to find my niche. I love playing with light, so high contrast is fun, but I also love nature, macro, heh everything!

Randi T. (AKA Photowannab)